The success of strategic initiatives is intrinsically linked to an organization’s ability to accept change. Even projects delivered on time and on budget are at risk of failure. Companies ill prepared to adopt and apply solutions risk wasting the entire investment and business opportunity. Success often depends on a sound change management program – organizational readiness, stakeholder buy-in, and executive sponsorship – to support the initiative before, during and after its implementation.
Gurnet considers change management an essential practice that is woven throughout portfolio, program and project management. Benefits of combining change management with project delivery include:
- Increased strategy realization and ROI
- Greater project success rates
- Faster speed to market or competitive advantage
- Better understanding of strategy due to Gurnet’s ownership and accountability
- Improved acceptance, adoption and application of initiatives